1. TELL ME WHAT'S WRONG - Lynn Varnado
2. ONLY A FOOL - Loleatta Holloway
3. YOU KEEP ME HANGING ON - Bonnie and Sheila
4. ONE MONKEY CAN'T STOP THE SHOW - Paula Lamont
5. LISTEN HERE - Valorie Keys
6. BETTER GET A MOVE ON - Louise McCord
7. POUNDS OF SOUL - Betty Bibbs
8. OOH-WEE BABY - Delilah Moore
9. HEAVY HEAVY HANGS MY HEART - Vera Hamilton
10. KNOW WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU GET IT - The Genies
11. SUNSHINE OF YOUR LOVE - Spanky Wilson
12. STAYING AT HOME LIKE A WOMAN - Lynn Varnado
13. WHY I SING THE BLUES - Betty Barney with the Pazant Brothers
14. HOLD ON THIS TIME -Fontella Bass
15. GOOD FEELING - Bettye Scott and the Delvettes
16. I'M GLAD I GOT OVER YOU - Jeanette Jones
17. MY HEART TOOK A LICKING (BUT IT KEPT ON TICKING) - Millie Jackson
18. MR FIX-IT - Thelma Jones
19. IT'S TOO LATE FOR TEARS - Rene Bailey
20. ONE WAY STREET - Little Ann
This compilation contains 20 high-octane dancefloor stormers. It's a mix of rare and classic soul tracks recorded by female artists. Included are five previously unreleased cuts and several much sought-after items.
As usual, BGP has trawled through both the ranks of the obscure and better-known, including cuts from well-known artists such as Millie Jackson and Fontella Bass as well as the terminally obscure (the Millie Jackson cut is the first ever reissue of her rare debut single for MGM). Of the unreleased material, Betty Barney with the Pazant Brothers is a stunning live cut from their Live at the Museum Of Modern Art. Also features Lynn Varnado, Spanky Wilson, Thelma Jones, Loleatta Holloway, Paula Lamont, Valorie Keys, the Genies and others.
An absolute Northern Soul floor-filler, this album is a killer!